Community Development Foundation Pakistan was established by a group of young and energetic people who were highly motivated and committed for contributing their time, skills and energies for the development and empowerment of socially disadvantaged and vulnerable communities in Pakistan and addressing poverty issues and gender based discrimination.
A brief History
CDF-Pakistan is a development organization. It’s a non-government, not-for-profit and nonsectarian, Non-partisan organization working for social development of vulnerable and less developed people. It’s a human-centered NGO. CDF-Pakistan could also be labeled as an implementing organization which designs and implements various developmental projects with the financial and technical support of international donor agencies and the government.
Following are board objectives of CDF-Pakistan:
- Disaster Risk Reduction, Provide Timely Relief Assistance to Disaster Affected Communities and Assist them for their Timely Rehabilitation and Early Recovery
- Promotion of Livelihoods and Explore Sustainable & Disaster Resilient Livelihood Options
- Promotion of Education with Special Focus on Girls’ Education
- Promotion of Gender Equality & Women Empowerment, and Address Gender Based Violence Issues
- Provision of Accessible and clean drinking water & quality Sanitation Facilities and Improvement of Community Physical Infrastructure
- Promotion of Child Protection, Rights of Children & Youth Development and Address the Issues related to Abuse and marginalization of Children, Adolescents and Youth
- Promote Environment Protection and Address Climate Change Issues
- Promote Basic Health Facilities and Address HIV & AIDS
- Support Development of Civil Society and Institutional Development
- Community Development Foundation Pakistan has following seven core programs or thematic focus which helps Foundation in strategically achieving its mission.
- i) Disaster Risk Reduction & Climate Change
- ii) Livelihoods & Food Security
- iii) Education
- iv) Gender Equality
- v) Water, Sanitation and Physical Infrastructure
- vi) Children & Youth
- vii) Health and HIV & AIDS
Community Development Foundation Pakistan’s focus is on the socio-economically disadvantaged groups of women, youth and children. Keeping in view the overall socio-cultural fabric of the society and the overall power imbalances and discriminations that exist at all levels; the focus, amongst these groups, is again on most vulnerable and the marginalized ones. CDF-Pakistan also focuses on the inclusion of minorities and special groups such as widows and physically impaired persons and elderly people.
Nowadays the accounts of the organization are regularly being audited by The Tanveer Arif & Co Chartered Accountants Firm From 1st July 2013 to date. The chartered Accountancy is to change after every 03 years. (Policy)
Community Development Foundation Pakistan is governed by its Executive Committee. The Executive Committee is the key policy making and governance body of the Foundation and works independently. It formulates and approves policies and organizational systems and evaluates the overall performance of CDF- Pakistan on period basis. The Executive Committee consists of seven members (both male and female) and is headed by its Chairperson. The Foundation’s Executive Committee comprises of development professionals, intellectuals, academicians, activists and media persons.
CDF-Pakistan is lead by its chairman who is the formal head of the organization. The Chairman is responsible for the overall management of the organization.
The Chairman is supported by the manager programs and team of coordinators /managers of different sections / programs of the foundation and they jointly form a management structure for the Foundation.